I started reviewing the footage from the General to find information on what might have been saved when things blew up. I think it was a plan from the start – who to trust?
Looking at the video – I was able to slow it down enough and see the shadows – look at #2 as his shadow reveals!! and there seems to be some invisible fairytale puffins in the room as well.
- Clipped out frame from The General video
- Imported into Photoshop
- Deleted background within circle cut out
- Used Eliptical marquee tool and rounded out edges of cut out to make it smoother
- selected with quick select tool
- Select>Modify>Contract 2 pixels
- Modify>Refine edge>smooth and contrast
- Cleaned up #2 with Select>Modify>Contract>Refine Edges
- Added gray background layer to fill hole
- Used Rochelle Lockridge”s find of the aristocrat puffin – selected and filled with one color of gray and added noise to create shadow – copied and added to working file
- Used Transform>Perspective to create shadow
- Added layers with fairy puffins and lowered opacity
- Exported and saved as jpeg
AND THEN – my own mind’s critic kicks in! Needed the context of #6 and the setting! So added it in. 🙂 just went back and instead of erasing all in the circle – I lowered the opacity after cutting it out and then futzed with making it fit in the circle.
1 thought on “#2 in General a Puffin?? Info in Shadows”
Very interesting. I much prefer the second image with the context returned!
I can’t say I completely understand the presence of the puffins, but clearly Rover is tolerant of them and so they must be benign, or at least some part of The Village plan.
I find it valuable to read the detail in your process. There are so many small Photoshop tricks that are useful to learn in getting just the image you want. Always learning!